With Easter around the corner, I thought that I would share this cute idea for a craft project that both you and the kids can have fun creating. These baskets make beautiful and unique Easter gifts to give to friends and family during the Easter holiday!
You Will Need:
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of warm water
- Ribbon and lace (optional)
- Acrylic Spray
- Colored string / Crochet thread
- Blow up the balloon to the desired size you would like the basket to be.
- With the string, wrap it around the balloon. Be sure to try to go in different directions. It can be a little fiddly at first but it gets easier! When you think that you have finished, secure the end of the string by tucking it away.
- Mix the water and sugar together in a bowl then pour the the mixture over the balloon (make sure you put newspaper down first!). Use your hands to spread the mixture evenly all over the balloon and be sure that it is completely covered.
- Let the balloon sit to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once dried, pop the balloon. Try to sit the balloon to make the top of it flat by gently pushing it down (the egg basket should be able to sit on its own).
- Cut a hole on the side of the egg to your desired size.
- Spray the entire egg with acrylic spray.
- You can now begin the really fun part of the project and decorate your egg basket! Attach the ribbon to the top of the basket and you could even glue some pretty lace around the hole you cut out of the basket. You can use some shredded paper to place inside of the basket and add a cute baby chick inside!
- Be sure to fill the egg basket with plenty of candy treats for the kids, they will love it!