- mince beef
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- boiling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the Sweet Potato in small pieces to help cook it a little faster. Bring the Sweet Potato to a boil, drain and mash.
- Add the Olive oil to a pan and begin to cook the mince.
- Add the salt, pepper, mixed herbs, garlic, and beef stock.
- Add the flour to the mixture one tablespoon at a time. You want the mixture to be thick and not runny.
- Begin to make the pastry by adding the Olive oil to the flour and slowly mixing in the boiling water a little bit at a time to avoid ending up with a sloppy textured dough. I used a fork to combine this to avoid being burned! Knead the dough with your hands when the dough cools off a little.
- Divide the dough up in 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten them to help mold them into the muffin tray.
- Add a small slice of cheese to the bottom of each of the pastry cups and fill with the mince mixture.
- Top each of the pies off with the mashed Sweet Potato and finish off with a slice of cheese on the top, add a bit of pepper and sprinkle a little extra mixed herbs.
- Put the muffin tray in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Feel free to Pin this recipe on Pinterest using the image below!
You may also be interested in…